Reflexotherapy is one of the oldest methods of physiotherapy, the operation of which is based on the stimulation of biologically active points of the body by physical factors: needles, electric current, heat, light, applications, etc.
Reflexotherapy harmonises the neuroendocrine system, alters the sensation of pain, normalises the activity of the autonomic nervous system, increases the release of biologically active compounds, reduces allergies, and, due to improved impulse transmission via peripheral nervous system, relieves spasms, improves blood circulation and microcirculation, tissue trophic, promotes healing of sores and wounds, skin regeneration, as well as reduces swelling and inflammation, and irritability of the nervous system.
Recommended in case of the following indications:
- Neuralgia (radiculitis, paralysis of the facial nerve, trigeminal neuralgia, etc.),
- Relief of back, joints pain, headache, earache, etc.,
- Functional disorders of the digestive system,
- Allergic diseases,
- Climacteric syndrome, and
- Getting rid of addictions such as smoking, alcoholism.
Not applicable during pregnancy, and in case of unstable mental state, fever, infections.